Walk through the doors of Neighborhood House Cleone Peterson Eccles Children's Center and you’ll immediately feel at home. This is a fun, safe and loving environment in the West Side of Salt Lake City where children receive the educational and developmental opportunities needed for a healthy start in life regardless of their family’s financial resources. The Toddler and Preschool Early Education Program accepts children 15 months old to kindergarten Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm year-round.
The goal of the Toddler and Preschool Early Education Program is to maximize each child’s learning potential by stimulating intellectual growth, building self-confidence and developing social skills they’ll carry into adulthood. Our activities encourage language development, creative expression, motor coordination and social and emotional skills. We are committed to ensuring children are ready to begin school.
Our program gives children a strong foundation for social and academic success:
- Nationally recognized curriculum, the Creative Curriculum
- Intentional activities that impact the all the developmental domains for your child
- Healthy, delicious meals and snacks prepared on-site
- Safe, outdoor play space
- Music and dance/movement program, reading time, art projects and games
- Educational field trips
- Intergenerational activities
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation.
Neighborhood House services extend beyond the child. Parent Engagement opportunities such as monthly Family Fun Nights, Parent Teacher conferences, and individualized activities for your child to do at home together. See our Calendar for more information. For our Parent Community, see our Parent Handbook for program policies and procedures.