Welcome to Neighborhood House Larry H. and Gail Miller Family Foundation Adult Center—an engaging, home-like environment for individuals 18 years and older who need supervised care during the day. We’re here to help your loved ones receive the emotional, cognitive, physical and social/spiritual stimulation needed to encourage independence, prevent isolation, and avoid premature placement in long-term care facilities. Caregivers also receive the much-needed respite that enables them to maintain employment and reduce stress as they know their loved one is being well cared for.
Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Neighborhood House is a state licensed program that provides eveidence-based recreational and therapeutic activities.
On a weekly basis, children and adults are offered joint gardening activities, in greenhouse and adjacent therapeutic garden space, to strengthen social interaction between age groups, promote health and wellness, and support the nutrition curriculum objectives.
The professionally trained staff at Neighborhood House provides:
- Eleven daily activities to keep your loved one engaged and individualized care plans with specific daily goals
- Breakfast, lunch and snack
- Horticultural Therapy and Intergenerational Gardening
- Visits to the Huntsman Foundation Sensory Room
- Supervised and guided outdoor walks on and off our beautiful property
- Community partners that offer to assist with social engagement and intergenerational activities with our preschool children
- Outings to local attractions, scenic rides, and monthly community service projects
- Door-to-door transportation within designated boundaries is available for a nominal fee
- Referrals to resources within the community
ENROLL MEDICAL FORM FOR ALLERGIES JOIN CAREGIVER FACEBOOK GROUP