Volunteer Program Mission and Goals
Mission: To promote community engagement at Neighborhood House through mutually beneficial service opportunities.
- To maintain the high quality of Neighborhood House programs through the utilization of diverse volunteers.
- To provide opportunities for meaningful connections between community members and our Neighborhood House families.
- To enable Neighborhood House to continue to provide affordable day care and support services.
- To give volunteers experiences beneficial to both their personal and professional lives.
- To cultivate future advocates and supporters of Neighborhood House programs.
Individual and Group Volunteers:
Neighborhood House is currently accepting applications for new, individual volunteers. We have several open opportunities for group and one-time volunteers. Individuals interested in volunteering with us should complete the online Volunteer Application.
Volunteer group leaders should fill out our Group Volunteer Inquiry Form online.
Adult Day Center Opportunities:
We are looking for volunteers who have a passion for serving aging and disabled adults at our Adult Day Care facilities. Our Adult Day Center serves those who require extra attention and assistance during the daytime, allowing their caretakers to have respite during the day and allowing the client to remain living in their own home for a longer period of time. Volunteers who work with our adult clients not only provide an extra set of eyes and hands for our wonderful staff, but they provide essential social engagement for our adult clients, improving their mood and their overall outlook on life.
*This position requires volunteers to pay a one-time $50 fee to process a background check.
Children’s Day Care Center Opportunities:
We are looking for energetic and compassionate volunteers who have a passion for working with children from low-income families at our Children’s Day Care Center. We aim to provide high quality preschool and daycare services for our children in an environment that is enriching, engaging, and safe. Volunteers have the opportunity to serve in several different roles, depending on their availability and level of commitment.
Next Steps for Individual Volunteers:
- If you are an individual seeking a long term (minimum 10 hours) volunteer position please fill out a Volunteer Application online.
- Schedule a Volunteer Interview – volunteers working one-on-one with children or adults must complete an interview, orientation and tour. We will schedule your interview upon receiving your Volunteer Application.
- Schedule your volunteer shifts – based on need and availability, we will work to schedule your regular volunteer shifts at Neighborhood House!
- With questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Steps for Volunteer Groups:
- If you are a group looking for a project, or have a specific project in mind, please fill out the online Group Volunteer Inquiry Form. We are happy to accommodate groups of any size, with a large variety of available projects.
- Schedule your group – a member of the development team will reach out to you after receiving your group inquiry form to schedule your group for a project that suits your interests.
- With questions please contact Lena Bain, Community Engagement Coordinator, at 801.363.4589 ext. 117 or email@example.com.
For those volunteers who are interested in serving but are unable to commit to a regular schedule, we have numerous options for one-time group volunteer projects, including staffing for events like Family Fun Nights, assisting with activities in our children or adult programs, and helping to keep Neighborhood House looking beautiful by doing light landscaping tasks. For information about ways you can volunteer, contact our Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many benefits to volunteering with Neighborhood House. Volunteers have been an essential part of our organization for 120 years, supporting us as we grow and develop. We are looking for the next generation of volunteers to help us take our mission, purpose, and services to the next level.
We want to work with you to increase creativity in our curriculum. At Neighborhood House, you will have the opportunity to share your talents, passions, and hobbies with our children and adults. Most importantly, when you come to Neighborhood House, you come to play. Our children and adults are hungry for one-on-one attention that our teachers and staff may not always have the time or resources to provide. Play is an essential part of our curriculum, as it helps to develop our clients socially, physically, and cognitively. Volunteers make this time of play more meaningful for our clients.
Volunteering at Neighborhood House will be an experience you can connect to. Whether you are currently part of our community, or are looking to invest time and energy into our clients, you will have the chance to learn and grow with our children and adults as you begin to hear their touching stories and build relationships with them. There is always something fun and exciting going on at Neighborhood House, we would love to have you join us!