Volunteer Program Mission and Goals
Mission: To promote community engagement at Neighborhood House through mutually beneficial service opportunities.
- To maintain the high quality of Neighborhood House programs through the utilization of diverse volunteers.
- To provide opportunities for meaningful connections between community members and our Neighborhood House families.
- To enable Neighborhood House to continue to provide affordable day care and support services.
- To give volunteers experiences beneficial to both their personal and professional lives.
- To cultivate future advocates and supporters of Neighborhood House programs.
Individual and Group Volunteers:
Neighborhood House is not currently accepting applications for new, individual volunteers. Individuals interested in volunteering with us beginning in January 2018 should complete the online Volunteer Application in December 2017.
Volunteer group leaders interested in bringing their group to Neighborhood House for a project should fill out our Group Volunteer Inquiry Form online. We require at least two weeks lead time to schedule groups for service projects.
Adult Day Center Opportunities:
We are looking for volunteers who have a passion for serving aging and disabled adults at our Adult Day Care facilities. Our Adult Day Center serves those who require extra attention and assistance during the daytime, allowing their caretakers to have respite during the day and allowing the client to remain living in their own home for a longer period of time. Volunteers who work with our adult clients not only provide an extra set of eyes and hands for our wonderful staff, but they provide essential social engagement for our adult clients, improving their mood and their overall outlook on life.
*This position requires volunteers to pay a one-time $50 fee to process a background check.
Children’s Day Care Center Opportunities:
We are looking for energetic and compassionate volunteers who have a passion for working with children from low-income families at our Children’s Day Care Center. We aim to provide high quality preschool and daycare services for our children in an environment that is enriching, engaging, and safe. Volunteers have the opportunity to serve in several different roles, depending on their availability and level of commitment.
Next Steps for Individual Volunteers:
- If you are an individual seeking a long term (minimum 10 hours) volunteer position please fill out a Volunteer Application online.
- Schedule a Volunteer Interview – volunteers working one-on-one with children or adults must complete an interview, orientation and tour. We will schedule your interview upon receiving your Volunteer Application.
- Schedule your volunteer shifts – based on need and availability, we will work to schedule your regular volunteer shifts at Neighborhood House!
- With questions please contact email@example.com.
Next Steps for Volunteer Groups:
- If you are a group looking for a project, or have a specific project in mind, please fill out the online Group Volunteer Inquiry Form. We are happy to accommodate groups of any size, with a large variety of available projects.
- Schedule your group – a member of the development team will reach out to you after receiving your group inquiry form to schedule your group for a project that suits your interests.
- With questions please contact Lena Bain, Community Engagement Coordinator, at 801.363.4589 ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those volunteers who are interested in serving but are unable to commit to a regular schedule, we have numerous options for one-time group volunteer projects, including staffing for events like Family Fun Nights, assisting with activities in our children or adult programs, and helping to keep Neighborhood House looking beautiful by doing light landscaping tasks. For information about ways you can volunteer, contact our Development Team at email@example.com.