Walk through our doors and you’ll immediately feel at home. We’ve created a fun, safe and loving environment at our Salt Lake daycare center where children receive the educational and developmental opportunities needed for a healthy start in life.
Neighborhood House has Utah’s longest tradition of quality, compassionate care. For more than 120 years, we’ve been providing quality preschool and Salt Lake daycare services for our community, based on each client’s ability to pay. Neighborhood House is the only non-profit in Utah with a sliding fee scale to achieve NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accreditation, ensuring everyone has access to the highest quality early childhood care.
Quality programs for children age 2-5
Our goal is to maximize each child’s learning potential by stimulating intellectual growth, building self-confidence and developing social skills they’ll carry into adulthood. Our activities encourage language development, creative expression, motor coordination and social and emotional skills.
We are committed to ensuring children are ready to compete on equal footing with their counterparts of other socio-economic status once they begin school. Our Salt Lake daycare programs give children a strong foundation for social and academic success:
- A happy and safe environment conducive to learning
- Trained staff with child development accreditation
- Healthy, delicious meals and snacks cooked on-site
- Large classrooms with learning centers and plenty of room to explore
- Lots of safe, outdoor play space
- Music and dance/movement program, reading time, art projects and games
- Lots of love and tender care
- Low adult-child ratios
- Educational/recreational field trips
- Intergenerational activities
- An inclusive, multi-cultural environment
Children’s Preschool & Day Care Center
Monday – Friday – 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.