Affordable, compassionate care for adults
Neighborhood House provides a safe, home-like environment for non-aggressive individuals 18 years and older who need supervised care during the day. Since 1978, we’ve been a pioneer in providing high quality adult day care services—not just in Utah, but in the nation. Our ability to provide a responsive, caring and interactive environment for both clients and caregivers sets us apart from other adult day care provider programs.
Neighborhood House provides an important service in our community by making quality, adult day care affordable for all. Our center uses a sliding fee scale based solely on the client’s level of income, which ensures all are welcome.
Caring. Community. Quality.
Many of our adult clients have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, have suffered a stroke, or are simply isolated during the day. Each has a special place in our house, and is treated with love and respect. Our staff ratio of 1:6 enables us to give each individual the emotional, cognitive, physical, and social stimulation needed to encourage independence and prevent premature placement in long-term care facilities. We also provide caregivers with a much-needed respite that enables them to maintain a healthy balance. This allows them time to themselves, the ability to continue working, and reduces the stress that comes from taking care of an aging or disabled loved one.
Quality Programs for Our Clients
Neighborhood House is a social rehabilitative program, which utilizes recreational and therapeutic activities to maintain physical, mental and social skills as well as the highest possible level of independence. Some of our structured activities include:
- Cognitive, emotional, physical, and spiritual activities
- Supervised and guided outdoor walks on and off our beautiful property
- Peer groups and community partnerships that offer social engagement opportunities
- Intergenerational activities with our preschool children
- Community outings to local attractions and scenic rides
- Trained professional staff
Other benefits we provide:
- Safe, homelike setting with individual, attentive and compassionate care
- Nutritious meals and snacks that meet Recommended Dietary Allowance requirements
- Referrals to resources within the community
- Time spent with nursing and social work students
- Door-to-door transportation that is available for a nominal fee
- Title VI Plan Compliance
- Two locations to better serve you
- We partner with the US Department of Veterans Affairs, Aid and Attendance program to provide service for our nation’s veterans at no cost to them.
Riverside Adult Day Center
423 South 1100 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Monday – Friday – 7:30 to 5:30
Cottonwood Adult Day Center
1580 East Vine Street (6100 South)
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
Monday – Friday 7:30 to 5:30